1. Can we start with your name and where you’re from?
Maddie Wade and I am from Hereford
2.Most authors love reading, is this true for you and if so who was/is your inspiration?
I love reading and always have I`m never without a book. My inspirations are people like Marie Force and Melody Anne. They have both been trailblazers for indie authors, proving that you can start from scratch and make it.
3.What genre do you write in or do you cross over into many?
I write Romantic Suspense with a paranormal twist.
4. If you could take any character from someone else’s book and make him/her your own creation who would it be and why?
Oh wow that’s a tough one. It would have to be Sherlock Holmes. He is so deliciously complex.
5. When did you first start writing?
Not that long go really. I started writing in 2015.
6. Do you plan every inch of your books or do you just let the words flow?
I plan the basic plot and story arc and then an idea of where I need to go. Then I just write and see how it pans out. Quite often things change and surprise me which I love.
7. Who is your favourite character and why? (your own character)
I would have to say Lucy. I`m writing her book now and she had a beautiful mix of kick ass and take names mixed in with a sweetness and vulnerability that you wouldn’t expect from a woman who works for an all male badass security firm.
8. Was there an event in your life that triggered a particular book, or even a scene in a book? If so what was the book and what was the event?
Not really it was more that the idea wouldn’t shut up or go away and kept growing so I decided to let it out and see where it went. Best thing I ever did.
9. Are you working on anything at the moment? If so can you share any tasty morsels?
As I said I`m working on Lucy and Jaces book Love Divided, which is book three in this series. It`s really surprising me and has already made me cry. Let`s just say it`s going to be emotional and yet you still get the pace and action. Obviously the rest of the team make appearances too.
10. What one piece of advice would you give to someone starting out?
Don’t procrastinate, just do it and see what happens.
11. What do you do when you’re not writing?
Reading or spending time with my family. I also like watching T.V series like the Blacklist and Blindspot.
12. What is the hardest part of the whole writing, editing, marketing process for you?
Marketing and promotion because you never know if you’re getting it right and I find it hard to blow my own trumpet.
13. We all have those friends or family members who make sweeping statements about our writing or the process, which is your particular bug bear?
Oh you mean “My little hobby?” I guess that people think if you self publish that you are not a Real author. Drives me crazy.
14. What is your idea of happiness?
Easy my kids happy and safe.
15. For this one I want you to showcase your creativity by painting me a picture, with words, of your ideal setting to write in.
Oh love this okay. The sun is hanging low in the sky, the orange and red embers just touch the top of the sea. My feet are bare and buried in the warm sand under my desk. Warmth from the fading sun kisses my face, and caresses my shoulders. The gentle breeze is bringing with it the smell of the sea and the sound of a child`s laugh. Laptop open, curser idling waiting for the next adventure to begin. I take a sip from the cold mojito by my side and let the words flow.
16. What makes you laugh/cry?
The big Bang Theory makes me laugh. Videos of soldiers returning home and surprising their families makes me bawl like a baby.
17. You’re stranded on a desert island and you can take three men/women who would they be and why? This can be practical or purely sexual in nature.
Okay from a mum’s point of view I would have to pick my kids. From a woman`s point I would have to say Chris Hemsworth (I`m totally obsessed with him), Jason Momoa and Henry Cavil. Please don’t tell my hubby (sniggers)
18. What is your most annoying habit?
Not putting the washing away.
19. Please tell me about your books? For each one please send a pic (kindle cover would be perfect)
Healing Danger is my Debut Novel and the First in the Fortis Security series. It follows Dane and Lauren as they try to find her best friends killer and stop Lauren from being the next victim of the Divine Watchers. The Divine Watchers are a sick cult out to use people with special abilities like Lauren`s to start Armageddon.
Stolen Dreams is book two and follows Nate and Skye as they try to get Skye`s very sick son back. He has been kidnapped for his ability and the race is on to get to him before it is too late.
Each book has its own story but the series as a whole has an overreaching arc. Each character in the Fortis team will get a book.
- Lightning round
Tea or Coffee? Tea
Cash or credit? Cash
Cats or Dogs? Dog
Beach or Mountain? Beach
Summer or Winter? Summer
Sweet or Savoury? Sweet
Early riser or late riser? Late
Morning or Night? Morning
Christmas Tree – real or fake? Fake
Sex – Lights on or off? Don’t care
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer these questions.
Please leave Facebook, Twitter, Website links so we can check you out further.
Website is www.maddiewadeauthor.co.uk