Good evening all,
As the time for me to go back to my full-time job approaches with the speed of Concorde I started to think about how much more I have to do and wondered whether I’ve squandered my time in lockdown. The answer is no. I haven’t done everything I wanted to do but that wouldn’t be possible in such a short space of time. What have I achieved:
- Sorted most of my digital photographs into one place
- Sorted most of my house, with a few small areas which need work
- Pulled down and cut up two broken fence panels, a shed which was falling apart, wooden garden furniture which were of no use to man or beast and hacked back a honeysuckle bush which had taken over a huge amount of my garden. There is more to do but it’s more manageable now.
- Completed an online Amazon Ads course
- Set up 35 Amazon Ads and have sold significantly more books – not yet at a profit, but heading in the right direction.
- Got my head around blurb writing, which was the thing I hated most after marketing. I may not be an expert but I am definitely writing more on point blurbs and ad copy.
- Finished the first draft of Illicit Love, the first edit and working through a second one.
- Found peace of mind and certainty that I want to make a living from my books.
I think it’s not too shabby a list and I feel proud of how I utilised my time.
Today was housework day so nothing exciting there. Went for a short walk. Read more of Hunter’s Moon by Sherri A Wingler, half way through it already and I was so hooked I didn’t want to work on my own books today.